The 9-days training course will bring together 36 youth workers from 10 countries to combat hate speech online and offline in South-Estonia.
The general aim of our project is to combat hate speech online and offline.
Specific objectives are:
• To Increase the competencies of youth workers to recognize hate speech and human rights abuse and combat it in youth work
• To acknowledge the dangers of hate speech for youth and democratic values
• To introduce youth workers Bookmarks/Compass as a tool to work on hate speech and human rights with youngsters and provide them with useful methods.
• To empower youth workers to stand up for human rights offline and online
• To share good practices of anti-hate speech actions in participating countries
• To create new initiatives on local and international level to combat hate speech