Termine zur internationalen Jugendarbeit
Für Interessierte aus Deutschland,
Fon: 0228 9506-269,
COMETS: Being Civically Engaged (online edition)
Training for advanced trainers focusing on the dimension of being civically engaged, based on the ETS competence model for trainers working at international level. In the context of the European Training Strategy (ETS) the SALTO Training & Cooperation Resource Centre (SALTO T&C RC) developed the Competence Model for Trainers Working at International Level.
The ‘COMETS training courses’ were developed as a support for advanced trainers in their competence development, each course focusing on one competence area of the above-mentioned model. Hence, with this call, JUGEND für Europa, the German National Agency for Erasmus+ Youth in Action together with SALTO T&C RC invite trainers to take part in this third edition of COMETS: ‘Integrating Being Civically Engaged into the trainers’ work’.
The intentions of the course are:
- To explore what are the personal, internal and external influences on the role of trainers (politics, policies, environment, social and economic contexts, etc.);
- To reflect and share on the notions of ethics and ethos of trainers;
- To work on the attitudes of trainers with regards to authenticity, openness, curiosity and dealing with personally challenging values and beliefs;
- To reflect on and explore the limits of the ‘civic/political role of trainers’ in their practice;
- To reflect on human rights principles and human rights education in the work of trainers.
COMETS learning experiences intend principally to offer trainers a space to reflect, exchange and contrast their practice and understanding with regard to a certain ETS competence area. The main purpose is to enable participants to take further steps in their professional practice. This is not a classical training course in the sense of receiving tools and development of the practical aspect of being a trainer. The focus of a COMETS is more introspective, requiring self-examination of practice, attitude, understanding and behaviour, as well as a desire to improve in one's practice.
JUGEND für Europa