Termine zur internationalen Jugendarbeit
Für Interessierte aus Deutschland,
kontaktieren Sie bitte: Inge Linne,
THE VALUE FAIR 2018 - How non formal education can contribute to a better living together
In our societies, we are facing mistrust among citizens, resulting in discrimination and rejection of “the others”. This harms our living together. This first edition of VALUE FAIR aims to support actors of youth field in sharing, understanding and identifying the social changes our Non-Formal Education (NFE) work intends to reach. It focuses on how the values dignity, respect, empathy, solidarity and integrity are approached, translated, promoted and transmitted through Non Formal Education. The Value Fair will not focus on ‘tools’ and ‘methods’, but will have focus on the “why” and “what for” of our work.
- To give values a central place in our agenda and daily life;
- To understand the positive supportive role of Non-Formal Education (NFE) in the current reality marked by growing rejection phenomena and hate behaviors;
- To question and reflect how Non-Formal Education (NFE) can increase tolerance and a better living together;
- To highlight the current challenges related to refugees / migration and inclusion;
- To exchange understandings and practices of values;
- To explore how to maximize the impact of Non-Formal Education (NFE) on individual/organizational/community level
- To stimulate concrete networking in order to create qualitative future international projects, also within the Erasmus+ / Youth in Action Programme PRINCIPLES & FOCUS
- Visibility of Non-Formal Education (NFE): strong involvement of local, regional and national media in order to increase the visibility of the event.
- Local impact and involvement: several events during the VALUE FAIR are open to/involve the local community, this to enhance mutual learning (based upon the current good practice in the rural villages Vila da Marmeleira and Arrouquelas) and to enlarge the impact as such.
Profile of participants to be selected: have concrete practical experience with NFE and a genuine interest for networking. Participants should be at least 18 years old and be able to work and communicate in English.
Portuguese National Agency for Erasmus + Youth in Action