Active and Engaged - Supporting young people's conscious active citizenship
07.09.20 bis 14.09.20
Empowerment is a buzz word commonly used in the youth sector but young people need platforms that support them to think consciously and critically about issues that affect their lives, the communities they live in. This online seminar is for youth workers and leaders to promote young people’s conscious active citizenship civic competence so that they can analyze issues in their community with a view to proposing innovative solutions to bring about social change.
Aim: To explore how to support young people’s conscious active citizenship.
- To provide a space for youth workers to critically reflect on how their Youth work practise empowers or disempowers young people
- To understand how to empower young people to take action on issues affecting them in their community
- To support youth workers to develop the tools they need to promote conscious active citizenship with young people
- To explore how policy can support young people becoming change makers
- To explore how E+ can support young people becoming active citizens.
Expected Results :
- Youth workers who understand how to engage young people
- Youth workers are more equip to support young people to become more active on issues affecting them
- Young people are more conscious of the communities and world they live in.